Thread: Fall Harvest
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Fall Harvest

Hit up Hightower with my neighbor Gary. He's a cool old dude in his 70's. He said last year was his last and final hunting season and I told him he'd have to go for one more trip to show me how the older fellas get their buck. So he bought me a knight muzzleloader at a swap meat in Arizona for $75. We took them out and modified them and all that jazz. New sights slings and worked up loads. Hit the mountain and tried just about every deer hunting technique including sitting at camp with a spotting scope. Brush was too dense to hike through and the trails were too narrow. Saw 3 moose, who knows how many elk, 2 bears, 20 does, and 10 bucks. Never did see any great big bucks, both of us ended up shooting fork horns. Learned a lot from the old grouch that lives behind me. I hope I can coax him out next year.