Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dynamic Lures

Dynamic Lures

Go Back   Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum > Fishing Discussions > Fishing > Fish Pics
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Arcade Extras Links Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fish Pics Let us see what you caught.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:33 PM
Journeyman Angler

Fly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by castingdonkey View Post
That's cool my kids would love that.

They spray from both are cool. literally! lol

Morrow is way cool for the uniqueness and it is easier to view.

Crystals spillway is sorta hidden but still impressive...

The Gunny in the lower parking lot at the portal is impressive if you are used to seeing it at much lower flows. the trail is gone, most of the "boat ramp" is gone, basically a huge run with a little backeddy. Even the roller dam is kinda cool to look at. Doesn't seem to have as much of a drop like at lower levels. Just lots of water rushing o√er it.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Journeyman Angler

Fly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharper View Post
Wow,that's impressive! I need to go to Pine Crest Trail below Blue Mesa if you're interested let me know?

be interested in seeing it. not sure what the fishing would be like

Yesterdays average release from Blue was 8857cfs!!

Prolly tough fishing if it is like the other two that I visited. Standing in trees, willows or behind them, walking on part of the bank that no one usually walks on so all the rocks move easliy. HAd a hard time trying to figure out where to fish.

Felt out of my league!!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Elite Angler

bharper is on a distinguished road
Damn! Never seen rivers that high since the 80's when the Colorado river was up to the bottom of the bridge on 32 Rd in Jct. 30+ years ago.Let me know when you got time if you want to check it out below Blue Mesa or maybe hit the Taylor River? I have yet to fish the Taylor!
Old 05-24-2017, 01:44 PM
Journeyman Angler

11800cfs below the roller. about 12800cfs above the roller... crazy

This is the most i have seen....that's alot of water!
Old 05-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
So who wants to setup a group trip to go rafting in westwater?
Old 05-24-2017, 08:20 PM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4548.../data=!3m1!1e3
Here is the spilway at Blue. The last time it spilled was 1984 and I think it was damaged. They do not like to let water go over the top at Blue or Powell.
Gunnison River above Grand Jct is under a flood advisory. Water is at 10 feet 6 inches.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:04 AM
Elite Angler

bharper is on a distinguished road
I have a river raft that I soon will be putting up for sale! My sister's ex-boyfriend gave it to her because he owed her some money.He used to take people out on the Kern River and the American River in California.So I have the raft if you want to give it a run! Ha! That's probably the 30+yrs ago flood stage that I was talking about in 84 in Western Colorado! Interesting info thanks for sharing guys!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:41 AM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharper View Post
I have a river raft that I soon will be putting up for sale! My sister's ex-boyfriend gave it to her because he owed her some money.He used to take people out on the Kern River and the American River in California.So I have the raft if you want to give it a run! Ha! That's probably the 30+yrs ago flood stage that I was talking about in 84 in Western Colorado! Interesting info thanks for sharing guys!
I'd be glad to check it out.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:00 AM
Journeyman Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathway View Post
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4548.../data=!3m1!1e3
Here is the spilway at Blue. The last time it spilled was 1984 and I think it was damaged. They do not like to let water go over the top at Blue or Powell.
Gunnison River above Grand Jct is under a flood advisory. Water is at 10 feet 6 inches.

I don't think Blue has a "typical" spillway. Don't think it is built to have water go over the top.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spil...ZAGocaT_F5A_M:

I think it is just a tunnel.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spil...9mCkk5VNitoNM:

Kinda scary if it is "broken"

Seems that would be important to have in operational condition. It wouldn't bother as much if I lived above the Reservoir.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
Its spills into a tunnel and they did repair work after the 84 incident. I don't think they like to have it spill. Look at what happened at Ordway.