Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dynamic Lures

Dynamic Lures

Go Back   Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum > Other Discussions > Miscellaneous > 100% Hunting
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Arcade Extras Links Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

100% Hunting Big Game, Small Game, Ducks, Prairie Dogs, Guns, whatever. If it's hunting, it's in here.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
Bacon, yum.
Elk, yum.
Venison, yum.
Congrats to all on a great season.
Ice fishing is on the way.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Elite Angler

bharper is on a distinguished road
Looks like you had a good time!
Old 11-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
My bull. Shot him at 572 yards with my 7mm rem mag and a 168gr berger vld. Took 2 steps and dropped like a sack of hammers[/quote]

I hear those VLD's are crazy accurate. I've been shooting those Barnes and love them too much to swap to anything else. Have you tried the Barnes 140's in your 7mag yet?
Old 11-19-2016, 08:15 PM
CUT 'EM

Goosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't tried them yet. I'm a big fan of the vld's terminal ballistics, they penetrate 3-4", then basically explode, shedding 40-70% of their weight as shrapnel, and leave a huge wound channel. Lung's have been jello on everything we have shot with them this year, 5 bucks and a bull. The farthest anything has when after it was hit was 10 yards. Kinda tough to change bullets when we've had that good of results with them. Plus, from my factory savage with hsm factory loads, I am getting 1/2 moa groups.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:20 AM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
I did some research on lead bullets and shooters getting sick some the vapors related to shooting in areas with bad ventilation. That lead to reading about consuming lead. What I read said that adults can basically swallow a fishing sinker, poop it out and not absorb any of it. Turns out little kids absorb quite a bit of it though because their digestion is more inclined to dissolve the lead. So anyway that was why I switched to solid copper projectiles. On that note they turn everything they come in contact with to shrapnel. I hit the leg bone on the entry shot on my buck and it made it look like an exit wound. A shot on the vitals on just about anything with a 130gr Barnes out of a 270 puts them down in short order. I think 30 yards is about the max I've seen anything travel after a well place shot but I can't imagine anything short of a spine shot shortening that up. Rather B fishin shot a cow and a buck this year with the 7mag 140 TTSX. I think the TTSX is a bit overkill on deer and will more than likely go back to the TSX for faster rounds and TTSX for slower rounds. The ballistic tip really only benefits the hunter at velocities under 1600 fps and if I'm shooting that far someone needs to straighten me out. Plus that 140 trajectory at 3100 fps makes those 400+ yards shots easy ballistics. I'll post a pic of that buck shoulder. Typically I like to shoot behind it but it was the available shot so I took it. Basically cut the shoulder off and threw it to the neighbors dog.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Elite Angler

I was a little bummed about the condition of the heart. There wasn't much left to cook. Just one side of it and not one cavity and no compartments. It was like a sheet of heart meet with the arteries attached to it. The rest was just mush, I didn't really find anything I could say was the other 3/4 of it.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:58 PM
CUT 'EM

Goosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond reputeGoosehunter has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch!
Old 11-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Master of Time and Space

hookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond reputehookncook has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! I'm jealous as hell!
Old 11-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Journeyman Angler

Fly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of lightFly Flicker is a glorious beacon of light
Nice job castingdonkey!!

And congrats to goose and family!!
Old 11-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Elite Angler

Thanks fellas!