Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dynamic Lures

Dynamic Lures

Go Back   Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum > Fishing Discussions > Fishing > Fish Pics
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Arcade Extras Links Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fish Pics Let us see what you caught.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Elite Angler

bharper is on a distinguished road
Yes,I agree the feel is much better.Some fly fisherman on Facebook tried to say treble hooks aren't allowed on those fisheries which only states flies and lures only!! There is no disclosure on single hook only! I think he is being an ass because he doesn't like me disclosing the locations publicly!
Old 08-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know of any water in the state that has that regulation. Just an elite flyfishermen that wants the water to himself.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Hot spotting peoples favorite fishing holes does get them pissed off. It has been happening to some key bass spots for a long time. Showed one wrong guy a few pics and the people lined up on the shore elbow to elbow. Haven't had an awesome trip to that spot in years. There are some dudes making videos of all of the hot spots for bass fishing and putting them on YouTube for their own personal gains. That's why we started renaming fishing holes and editing things out of the background to at least make it tougher. On that note the fish you're catching are very nice and that pisses them off just as much to see a dude with a spinning rod and a jerk bait kicking ass on their spot. I think that fish grip thing probably causes them to shit a little too but whatever lol. Keep the great posts coming I look forward to them.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Elite Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathway View Post
I don't know of any water in the state that has that regulation. Just an elite flyfishermen that wants the water to himself.
He was pretty cool at first but was nitpicking a little and that was reasonable with the way I was handling them.He definitely didn't like me posting locations,he is friends of guides and I think he sometimes guides in the high elevation lakes?

Last edited by bharper; 08-05-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Elite Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by castingdonkey View Post
Hot spotting peoples favorite fishing holes does get them pissed off. It has been happening to some key bass spots for a long time. Showed one wrong guy a few pics and the people lined up on the shore elbow to elbow. Haven't had an awesome trip to that spot in years. There are some dudes making videos of all of the hot spots for bass fishing and putting them on YouTube for their own personal gains. That's why we started renaming fishing holes and editing things out of the background to at least make it tougher. On that note the fish you're catching are very nice and that pisses them off just as much to see a dude with a spinning rod and a jerk bait kicking ass on their spot. I think that fish grip thing probably causes them to shit a little too but whatever lol. Keep the great posts coming I look forward to them.
Yeah,I noticed a change a couple of yrs ago with the volume of people at JC.Last year was tough but this year has been the best year I've seen there personally(with the size and a few more 2lbers being caught this year like when I started fishing there 5yrs ago)! I figure for the most part someone showed me how to fish and to look for certain locations! So if I can't figure out how to catch them I need to learn different techniques or find new water for a while! I do get what you're saying about locations being over fished but JC is almost always a good time? The fish gripper if handled properly is way better than taking the slime coat off with your hand.Yeah I don't let the spinning Rod deter me from fishing around them.You can usually tell which ones are cool with it and which ones aren't! On the hooks,I did lose a few on the bigger front hook with the fish jumping out of the water! But most of these fish including the smaller ones were very strong and feisty which made for fun fishing!

Last edited by bharper; 08-05-2017 at 10:49 PM.