Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum
Sportsmans Warehouse
Dynamic Lures

Dynamic Lures

Go Back   Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum > Fishing Discussions > Fishing > Fish Pics
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Arcade Extras Links Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fish Pics Let us see what you caught.

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Western Slope Anglers Fishing Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Elite Angler

bharper is on a distinguished road
Black Canyon(Pleasure Park)

I've walked up the canyon 3 times in the past five weeks.Two out of the three times it was mostly overcast with temps in the mid 30's to mid 40's.The first picture is almost to the Smith Fork where I landed a real nice 19 1/2" Brown(pic) and a 19" Brown(no pic) within ten mins of each other in the same hole.The second fish shows the colored hair jig that caught most of the fish.The last 19" Brown was caught on my first trip.I did catch a skinny 19" Brown(no pic) on the first trip using a Crawdad colored X-Rap.

Last edited by bharper; 02-03-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Elite Angler

Old 02-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Elite Angler

Old 02-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Elite Angler

Old 02-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Elite Angler

castingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond reputecastingdonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work, that is some awesome country there!
Old 02-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Elite Angler

It is scenic! The farther you walk back in the better the fishing holes,especially this time of year when the water is lower.If you ever want to go let me know?
Old 02-05-2017, 11:41 AM
Elite Angler

muddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond reputemuddler has a reputation beyond repute
Back in the day I would take the back road into the Gunnison that would end across the river from pleasue park. Hiking up the trail to just below the pink cliffs where I would cross and then work up to a pool where the trail had to go way above the stream was my start. Then I would return down the opposite bank and cross again just above the wilderness boundary. This would often take me all day and I would find my last crossing late into dusk. Many a trip, probably hundreds of fish captured and released. Thanks for bringing back the memories.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Elite Angler

It's beautiful back there! The 3 holes right before the first picture have some nice size fish in them.I usually take the back road but in the winter or when it's muddy I go to Pleasure Park.The red(pink) cliff(2nd fish photo)is a really good hole for my hair jigs and lost a real nice one on a jerk bait.The 1st pic is where you have to go way up and over .If you ever make it back over this way we should go or hit the Unc?Next year '18 I'm planning to go hit the Madison River and Missouri Tailwaters near Helena,Mt.I might even hit the Snake.

Last edited by bharper; 02-05-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Elite Angler

pathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond reputepathway has a reputation beyond repute
Best battle I had as a youth was on that stretch of the Gunnison. The fish had a lot of weight and made a number of runs down stream. Thought I would never bring it to the net. When it finally succumbed it turned out to be a 4 pound flannel mouth sucker that was tail hooked.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Elite Angler

Coincidently on my first trip mentioned in this post I caught my very first ever Sucker(about 2 3/4 LBS) in the Canyon on a hair jig.I thought I hooked a really good sized trout at first!

Last edited by bharper; 02-06-2017 at 09:38 PM.